I love reading and reviewing books, and I'm more than happy to discuss the possibility of reviewing yours.
Before submitting your request, please consider the following:
1. In agreeing to review your book I do not promise to give your material a "favourable" write up. Your review will be as honest and open as my existing work.
2. Make sure you have read at least three of my existing reviews.Get to know on which aspects of a book I am most likely to focus, note what I like and dislike. My review style is direct, honest and often blunt. If the comments in my previous reviews make you nervous, I advise you not to submit your book.
3. If I agree to read your book I do not agree to do so immediately. As I'm sure you can appreciate, I have writing/reviewing/editorial commitments and requests which are handled in the order received. I will however give you an indication of when I will read your book, and when I will post your review.
4. Reviews will be published on my blog, and if you wish on Amazon and Goodreads. The review will be publicised through Twitter and Facebook.
5. I review fiction My favourite genres are:
Literary Appropriation (e.g. reworking or building on a classic text)
Don't feel discouraged if your work does not fit into any of these categories. I am more than happy to read almost any form of fiction although it is only fair to mention that I have a dislike of the following genres;
I have found, almost without exception, books in these genres to be formulaic and lacking in originality. However, if you believe your book can change my mind please tell me so, I would be happy to be proved wrong.
The only type of fiction I request you DO NOT submit is the genre usually titled along the lines of "True Tragedies": The plot lines are saccharine and sentimental, and they usually involve a child/dog dying at the end. I can't open a book that sets out to depress me from the start.
6. I don't review nonfiction
If you are interested in sending me a review copy of your book then click on the "Contact Me" tab and drop me a line!