Saturday, 5 November 2011
The Liebster Blog Award
I would like to thank Maxine, of the blog "Between the Lines" for nominating my blog for this award.
On 3rd November I received this lovely message from Maxine:
I recently received the Liebster Blog Award and when prompted to find 5 other blogs/bloggers that I would like to share it with, I thought of your blog as I love your layout and your quirkiness which shows through in your posts. You have a great personality."
I was thrilled when Maxine left me the message, and was pleased as anything that she considered my blog to be one worth highlighting. The "quirkiness" that Maxine talks about is something I've been trying to weave through the fabric of my blog from the start, and in my postings I've tried to convey something of my writing style, my thinking style, my creative style, and give an idea of the things that matter to me.
Peer-to-peer awards are so important in this world: They let us support each other, reach out to each other and remind us when we feel like our posts are disappearing into a vacuum of apathy, that someone out there is reading!
So, in accepting the Liebster Blog Award, the recipient agrees to:
- Thank the person who gave them the award and link back to that person's blog
- Copy and paste the award to their blog
- Reveal the 5 blogs they have chosen to award, commenting on their blog to break the news!
- Hope those people in turn pay it forward by accepting and awarding "The Liebster Blog Award" to bloggers they would like to honour
This award is for anyone with fewer than 200 followers. :)
The 5 blogs I’ve chosen to award are……
1. For humour, variety and all-round sunshine: Liz Crump
2. For pure random wonderousness: Craig Smith
3. For creative genius beyond the wit of mere mortals: Jessica Helmer-Pedley at "Posy of Plumes"
4. For thoughtful, honest book reviews: Lynne Perednia
5. For friendly, chatty informality Lucie Wheeler